Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jack




My son, the most important thing in my life. He is my pride and joy. And unfortunately his mother has him.

I am attempting to get custody of him but I know it wont be easy. A Single dad vs a Single Mom? Most judges would call that a slam dunk, mother wins. But why should she? Is there something about giving birth that automatically makes someone a good mother?

Before she had Jack she was Lazy, slightly mental and completely fiscally irresponsible. She ran up over $3000 of overages on her cell phone in 2 months. She has had fewer than 8 jobs in the 6 years I've known her and none of those, outside of a "job" at her church that pays around $25 a week, have lasted longer than a month. She stays out all night, getting home sometime around 4AM and sleeps until after noon. Jack has fallen from her bed several times because he is awake and exploring while she still sleeps.
And somehow people want me to believe that she would be a better single parent than I am?

I've been in the Navy for the last 8 years, I am a First Class Petty Officer, responsible for guiding and mentoring those assigned to me. I am a Leader. I pay all my bills on time and I would not need any governmental assistance to raise my son. I have a wonderful support system in my family and friends, my son would never have to spend a day with strangers while I worked.

And yet I am not a suitable single father? It is more appropriate for me to pay her money, and for her to be on welfare, than it is for me to raise my son on my own?

Well I'm working my hardest and I can only hope and pray.

No comments: