Thursday, August 16, 2007

Georgia Packing

I recently joined Georgia Carry Org. I want to help protect our 2nd Amendment rights for myself and future generations(read Jack). Any infringement upon those rights needs to be stopped post haste.

I used to not really be all that interested in political stuff, I wasn't thrilled with the original AWB and I was glad to see it go, but I never gave much thought to that stuff. I really didn't care who was president as long as my taxes didn't go up. I vaguely disliked Clinton but I never voted for or against him. I was mostly into Autocross and Old cars, I was a regular visitor on ToyMods, and Australian forum for Toyota fans.

Theres a large distance from where I am and where I was and to be perfectly honest I started that journey on April 16, 2007. The Day of the incident I thought it was horrible, but if someone could have shot him when he started it would have been a non-starter. The next day someone on ToyMods had started a post about it in the Off Topic section. After expressing my opinion that Cho could have been stopped by one student or teacher with a firearm I was flamed and called a "Crazy like Cho" and a "Bloodthirsty Yank" by all the peace loving Aussies there. When I tried to disagree and explain my stand I was called a "troll". This after being a member there for over 3 years. So I stopped by GlockTalk to see if anyone there had any points I could bring up on Toymods, I was determined to try and show the Aussies the "light". But after reading around a bit on GT I realized two things,
  1. I shouldn't be wasting my breath on people in some other country when their government has them so spoon fed on crap that they think a cowpie is dessert, and they like it this way.
  2. Most Anti-gun people do not have positions based on fact, they have positions based solely on emotion, and they spread those views by playing to peoples emotions.
So for the last couple of months I have been reading news articles, and watching the politicians vying for attention, and solidifying my views in my own mind. I decided to start getting involved in trying to fight the barbarians that are slowly attempting to steal our god given rights, starting with the most important and, to them, dangerous. The God given right of every person to defend himself from violation of his inalienable rights.

My intention is to get more involved as I can, perhaps I can run for Congress or something. I couldn't do any worse than most of the people there now.

No comments: